Caviar is extremely delicate and, as such, is highly perishable. At Sterling Caviar, we take the utmost care to guarantee that your caviar arrives in pristine condition. Your caviar is fresh-packed at our farm and shipped chilled, arriving at your doorstep within 24 hours*. So that you may receive maximum enjoyment from our caviar, please consider the following guidelines:
- For optimal results, place extra ice packs in the freezer and store your caviar with firm packs on top of the caviar in the coldest part of your refrigerator (32° F-35° F / 0° C-1.67° C). Depending on the style of your refrigerator, this is typically in the back and may be on the top or bottom shelf. Pro tip: Look for the vent – the spot where the coldest air is being forced into your refrigerator. Never freeze your Sterling Caviar.
- Change out the ice packs so firm packs on used continuously while in the refrigerator.
- Open your tin when serving with a caviar key or a quarter or round edged small butter knife, simply turn the key after inserting into the lid of the tin and pop open.
- Caviar is like wine, once the tin is exposed to air, it is best enjoyed within 2 days of opening it. It is optimum to enjoy it in one sitting.
- To serve your caviar, you may use the tin it is in, and place it over a bowl of ice, much like oysters, caviar needs to remain cold.
*Please note: Due to the perishable nature of caviar and our commitment to providing you with a product of exceptional taste, texture, and freshness, We do not package your caviar until the day that it ships. To maintain your caviar’s optimal state, it must be shipped overnight. Shipping rates vary via Fedex dependent on your geographical region and zipcode.
Following all instructions above our caviar has a 4 week shelf life to ensure the best experience.